Barefoot Networks to Present at P4 Workshop 2018 Tokyo
TOKYO, Oct. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barefoot Networks, a provider of high-performance and fully programmable networking solutions, today announced its participation in P4 Workshop 2018 Tokyo, a summit that brings internet technology elites, networking equipment manufacturers, and researchers to discuss programmable forwarding plane devices and the application of P4 language to the networking industry.
What: P4 Workshop 2018 Tokyo will be the first P4 event in Japan. The event features expert speakers who will present various solutions and use cases that can be realized by utilizing P4 and P4-programmable devices and systems.
P4—Programming Protocol-independent Packet Processors—is a programming language designed to allow software developers to design and describe packet-forwarding. The P4 community is growing rapidly with more than 1,500 developers and thousands of commits to P4-based projects and repositories. P4 programming language is supported globally by a group of more than 100 organizations including Arista, AT&T, Baidu, Barefoot Networks, Cisco, Google, FOX, Kaloom, Microsoft, Net One Systems, and more. More on P4 can be found at: https://p4.org/.
Why: P4 Workshop 2018 Tokyo is the premiere event for the industry to gain a comprehensive understanding of the P4 language, P4-targets and the growing P4 community.
Who: P4 Workshop 2018 Tokyo will feature speakers from the P4 community and foremost industry experts including:
- Arista Networks—Shishio Tsuchiya, Senior Systems Engineer; presenting “Arista 7170 Introduction and Demonstration”
- Cisco Systems—Shunsuke Sasaki, Technical Solutions Architect; presenting “Cisco 3400 Introduction and Demonstration”
- Apresia Systems—Hitoshi Kuwata, Advanced Technology Division Senior Manager; presenting “Apresia and Edgecore: Wedge 100BF Switch Introduction and SRv6 Demonstration”
- Net One Systems’ Tastunori Shinbayashi and Kaloom’s Warren Kwok, Senior Solutions Architect; presenting “Net One P4 Initiatives and Kaloom Software Defined Fabric Introduction”
- USI—Robert Soulé, Professor, Università della Svizzera italiana Lugano, Switzerland; presenting “P4 Tutorial”
- Barefoot Networks—Ed Doe, Vice President Product and Strategy; presenting “Programmable Data Plane,” Haitao Kang, Customer Engineer; presenting “Barefoot Products Introduction and Demonstration,” Changhoon Kim, CTO of Applications; presenting “Use Cases”
When: Oct. 23, 2018; 9:40 a.m.- 4:35 p.m.
Opening remarks will begin approximately 10 a.m.
Where: 165 Marunouchi Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005
Marunouchi North Exit Building; 15th Floor, Meeting Room C
Contact: Reporters interested in attending and interviewing Barefoot Networks may contact email@example.com
Barefoot Networks, the Foot Logo, Tofino, Capilano, Deep Insight, SPRINT, P4 Studio, and P4 Insight are trademarks of Barefoot Networks.
About Barefoot Networks
Barefoot Networks launched in 2016 after two years of developing technology that built switch silicon with a forwarding plane that is defined in software while not compromising on performance. Barefoot empowers network owners and their infrastructure partners to design, optimize, and innovate to meet their specific requirements and gain competitive advantage. In combining the P4 programming language with fast programmable switches, Barefoot has also created an ecosystem for compilers, tools, and P4 programs to make P4 accessible to anybody. Barefoot Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley and is backed by strategic investors including Alibaba, Dell Technology Capital, Google Inc., Goldman Sachs Principal Strategic Investments, Hewlett Packard Pathfinder, and Tencent, and by premier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed, and Sequoia Capital. For more information, visit https://barefootnetworks.com/.
Follow us on Twitter: @barefootnetwork.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barefootnetworks.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/barefoot-networks.